Monday, March 31, 2014

Art in Brookfield Place...




Crossing St. George's Terrace from Central Park (Saturdays reflections) to Brookfield Place, only 16 levels compared to CP's 52 but just as shiny and photogenic, also home to some of the trendiest eateries in the CBD. Was thrilled to find this mural by WA visual artist Jerome Davenport.  His work 'combining the unrestricted graffiti artform with widely accepted portraiture imparting a relatable vision that the general public can enjoy in their daily lives' can be found in Berlin, London and Brooklyn..  keep your eyes open, I know I will be. That's my weekend over, if you're still enjoying Sunday.. lucky you :) Happy week, take care.... p.s. in the last shot when surrounded by glass and mirrors the possibilities are endless!


22 comments:

  1. These are terrific, Grace, thanks for sharing!! So colorful!! Yes, Saturday is just getting started here in Oregon so the weekend lies ahead!! Nothing planned, but the weather is decent for a change!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graffiti is the new art!Many very good graphic arts artists expose their work on the walls.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting art! The eyes remind me of the 60's and 70's artist, Keene...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These portraits I like. They are very well-done and there's lots of character in each of the faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw a poll on TV asking viewers if they think graffiti is an art form. I was surprised that most Americans don't...especially in light of some of the crap (literally) that's praised and featured in galleries. Graffiti is better, and this graffiti is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very visually appealing murals, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right, the last shot is very interesting, that glass gives bendy and distorted looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are certainly a step above street art. I wonder if JD has been to Melbourne? I just checked, yes he has.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really a great mural. I like your last shot, Grace. Interesting reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very friendly and endearing faces in this mural Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can join the "Monday Mural" meme with this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how expressive the faces are. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like his artwork, Grace! Berlin, pffffft ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool, Grace. I like these a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work, I like those faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So original and absolutely well done. I envy you for your street artists...

    ReplyDelete
  17. He has a distinctive style in the way he slightly distorts faces. I can see why people find it compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog
    Thai Boxing

    ReplyDelete