Thursday, September 25, 2014

More things that made me go hmmm!



Last few randoms from Monday in the city. I've been so distracted with all the new art at eye level in Wolfe Lane that I broke rule # whatever in the photographers handbook, 'look up' now and then and missed this wonderful old signage for Solyptol, soluble eucalyptus oil, a Faulding & Co. product that was big in the late 1800's. What would Mr. Clooney think of the Aboriginal design made from delicious Nespresso pods below, this is my favourite of the adds because I can see exactly this happening here :)

 
On the wall of Prince Lane below this brought back so many happy memories. Growing up in Central Africa it wasn't easy to acquire the latest fashions from the UK.. no problem, with the help of B & B aka Butterick and Bernina my fabulous mother kept my sisters and I right on trend, she was a brilliant seamstress.


Prince Lane connects Wellington St. to Murray St. and when the Perth City Link project is complete it will connect all the way from Northbridge side into the CBD. Here you can see how the Wellington St. development is progressing..


Could you..would you? I couldn't :)


I began looking up so I'll end the same way.. sitting in Bocelli's Espresso in Forrest Place looking up through the 17yr old Chinese Elm trees which thankfully were re-located and not turned into mulch when removed from their train station home two years ago.. I do love a good tree survival story :) Happy Thursday, take care..



14 comments:

  1. Love your colorful, different captures for the day, Grace!! A fun "walk around" with you today!! And, no, can't wear those heels!!! Not even when I was a young one!!! Hope your week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother was an excellent seamstress too! I was so used to going to fabric stores and looking at patterns when I was growing up. I'd see one pattern where I liked the top and one where I like the bottom and mom would say "no problem, I can put those two together" and she would, beautifully. I still have one skirt and blouse that my mother made me. It is no longer fashionable but I can't seem to get rid of it. I think of her every time I see it in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Génial la publicité pour Nespresso. A la maison on dit "tu veux un Georges" ? J'aime beaucoup ces robes vintage et les chaussures je ne peux plus :)

    Belle soirée Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are some great ads! love them! ha, those heels, no way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo essay today. Great colors on the walls. Sometimes one of them will catch my eye.....like that shot of the ladies you have here. Brilliant seamstress=beautiful wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did George Clooney get in there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very large trees to move. It is a wondered they have done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Butterick mural the best, Grace! I loved to sew when I was a teen - and skirts were so short that it didn't require much material! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to look twice to find George!

    The old ghost sign's quite eye catching, as is that nespresso ad.

    Those heels must be murderous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great artwork on the buildings. I'd hate to get the lady in the heels upset and get kicked with those pointed shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vintage ladies on the wall!

    ReplyDelete