Monday, April 4, 2016

Slightly Moroccan with a Middle Eastern twist...



While in Subiaco a few days ago I came across, for the first time, the work of Perth artist known as  wellshaken. I wasn't unhappy when the gentleman above strode into the shot just as I clicked, adds to the image don't you think? If you check out the website you will see that both of the walls, here and below, were in shocking condition before the artist, repairing the walls to a paintable state, adorned them in a myriad of colours. The mural above getting plenty of love in a high traffic area on Park St. whereas...


... the piece above on the wall behind Meeka Restaurant below, is hard to find, especially when hobbling :) The artist describes these pieces as Moroccan lantern style.. the cuisine in Meeka Restaurant is described as 'modern Australian with a Middle Eastern twist', however slight the connection I feel a similar, smaller adornment in sympathetic colours would greatly enhance the entrance to Meeka, what do you think? Happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


28 comments:

  1. Oh I totally agree. a Moroccan lantern with those same colors would be perfect in front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fellow walking past adds to the image...very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that guy really adds to that first photo - funny how things can work out like that!

    All good wishes for this new week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are really pleasing to the eye, and yes, that man in the pic adds an extra element to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. And I love love love it! And the first shot is brilliant with the bloke walking by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colorful, always better with people in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those murals are really lovely. The long strides of the guy in black adds character to the blue netted orb shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - some colour around the door would be nice, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First photo looks like a watery vortex with a protective grill over it, luckily for the passerby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely wonderful and cheerful colours on the mural!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I expect there's no chance if missing it Grace, I prefer my restaurant s to be a little more subtle on the exterior...

    ReplyDelete
  12. They certainly jazz up a bleak wall

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, their needs to be some of that artwork on the front of that restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agree - he gives the picture scale. I'd rather he was walking toward the camera. though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks beautiful with wonderful colors...

    ReplyDelete
  16. The man in the image doesn't bother me, it is adding something special to it. I like the bright colours of the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Agreed, Grace, the man makes the picture! Beautiful what you can do with a bit of color.
    Or with words, for that matter. Now I´m hungry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree--and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also like the man in the photo. Somehow it reminds me of a Beatles album cover. I like the Eastern shapes and the bright colors too! Great find, Grace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been looking for that second mural, I think that with all those colours it's just "me". I agree that the shopfront should be adorned with that mural, would look so much better...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect timing with the man walking there- very colour coordinated too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the designs. I guess we all do try and get that unobstructed image but your top shot looks perfect :).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool murals. At a glance, it almost looks like the guy is part of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tiles would be even better for a restaurant like this. Well accidentally the fist photo turned very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice Blog, Perth is the beautyful city and its and removals and shifting is important for everyone. keep posting with removalist brisbane

    ReplyDelete