Monday, November 14, 2016

A bit of bright after a dark week!



The Monday mural I had intended to post today is a little sombre.. I figured the events of the past week were gloomy enough so was super happy when I came across this delightfully colourful 'not quite black' :) swan down Grand Lane, between Wellington and Murray St. in the city.. painted by English born Perth artist Sioux Tempestt..   


Sioux uses a variety of mediums to create her work, digital art being one. The series 'Chronicle' shown here 'challenging observers to look at their city differently', the deconstructed images incorporating the artist's love of colour and Perth's heritage buildings.. below on the window of Print Hall during Windows of the City back in August. I unfortunately missed her last exhibition, but to further my own love of colour and Perth's heritage buildings I will make sure I don't miss the next :) Happy Monday, take care and stay safe...


24 comments:

  1. That helps to brighten the day but it's going to remain dark as the U.S. is moving quickly to become a fascist country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shades of color used in these two. They are very spring-like and very cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mission accomplished, Grace. Nice and light and fun-filled and pretty. The mural, not you, though those words certainly apply to you, too. I can't figure out how to get out of this loop . . . in trouble for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, hopefully things will be well for America, I'm still in disbelief. Very sad indeed. But your colorful insight for us is incredibly sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that swan! It's good advertising for Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got news for you, we need more than purple paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know how you find all the nice murals. Sure glad you do. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colourful and cheerful, mission accomplished Grace. Lots of depressed people out there and I can't blame them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheerful is what everyone needs, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, we certainly need some cheering up, here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Perth too! A dear friend of mine lives there and has shown it to me :)
    We will endure, we will stand up, we shall vote in midterm elections in 2 years, and for president in 4...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gostei bastante deste moral do Perth.
    Um abraço e boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is truly a pick me up mural, very bright and colourful! Great find Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love her cheery colorful work! very nice! have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That certainly brightens the day and the week :-) Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always happy to see colourful art! This is nice.
    Yes, it was more than just "Black Friday" last week.
    I am still struggling with what happened in USA.
    Take care, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great colour - which is good to see.
    As I look out of the window our skies are quite grey!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bright colours are totally gorgeous, but won't life the dark mood that has settled on the USA election results. I am appalled at the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cherry, whimsical and great to see (I'm sure).
    Nice photos Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Layers and layers of color; feeds the soul. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete