Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Etsy Made Local.. time for a bit of pretty!



Not a spider, snake or rat to be seen.. it's time for a bit of pretty :) In cities and towns around the world the build up to Christmas day is preceded by numerous markets and craft stalls. One of the biggest here in Perth and around Australia is Etsy Made Local.  A selection of hand made and vintage goods that make that personal Christmas present all the more special.. Shot below, right hand corner, a clue as to my shopping companion :)


So here's the thing.. I got a little side-tracked, how could I not!


As soon as I saw the lampshade, above in daylight and below in the evening, custom made by Melanie at Mesmerizing Blue, I knew without a doubt I had the perfect spot for it. I miss the colourful parrots in my garden since Cafe Grace closed its doors, now it makes me happy to see them everyday minus le noise et le mess :) If you fancy a wee bit of Australia to brighten your day, check the link. Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe...


26 comments:

  1. Lovely shots, and would that be Aimee, by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't grow wrong with colourful flowers and birds.:) That is a lovely lampshade. Well done Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look gorgeous, what a wonderful idea to put them this way.
    And you chose a very elegant lampshade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see any red hair. The lampshade is a good choice and gives off a very nice soft light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lampshade and I do recognise that red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might that be Aimee ... I wonder!

    What a colourful post Grace, lovely to see and I do like your lampshade - it's perfect.

    Enjoy the rest of your week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cheerful lampshade. I would like to shop there as I adore handmade and shop online at etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the first pic is just a beautiful concept, sooo colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, you really closed your Café down for good, Grace?
    Well, but that sure is an alternative!
    And so refresahing to see flowers instead of fake snow as Christmas-deco.

    ReplyDelete
  10. É muito bonito o abajur minha amiga, gostei.
    Um abraço e boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lampshade is gorgeous, what a great find. Those flowers hanging from the net are beautiful. I recognise your shopping companion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great find Grace, I like the lampshade very much! I can see the redhead in the corner....

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the net of flowers and that is a great lampshade! i am sure you will get a lot of joy out of it! haha aimee is kind of like "where's waldo?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that lamp shade! That is an awesome find.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the lamp shade too. Well as you know, I have my two Australian plates :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely contrast to spiders, snakes and rats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely lampshade Grace. You have the birds with no mess!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, that lampshade was made with you in mind, Grace. It will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete