Friday, November 18, 2016

Fabulous Fremantle II.. Shipwreck Galleries.



There is no shortage of fascinating 'under cover' destinations in Freo on a stormy day. You can see from the shot below that when we arrived at the WA Shipwreck Museum, built using convict labour in 1851/62, it was bucketing down.. raindrops on lens to prove point :) by the time we came out, above, the sun was shining, albeit only for a short while. Will take you inside the museum tomorrow...


 These two gratuitous shots just because I like them :) In the first a glimpse in the background of the tumultuous skies over one of my favourite buildings in Freo, the Bathers Beach House, classic Art Deco style.. below just one of the many magnificent trees in Esplanade Park.. beaucoup de shade under that tree on a hot summers day in Freo :) Happy Friday, take care and stay safe...


24 comments:

  1. Goodness, these are my kind of priceless adventures, thanks for taking us with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an interesting museum to visit. Who doesn't like a shipwreck or two Grace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so unusual to see rain in your pics, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the anchors, well taken first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference between those first two shots. Even that pavement had dried up. And, wow that is one huge tree. A perfect place to be on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The architecture of that second shot really appeals to me, and yes, those are bloody big anchors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, what a big tree you have caught.

    ReplyDelete
  8. History is everywhere around you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All those chains seem ominous. Maybe it's the reference to prison labor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificas e belas fotografias, gostei bastante.
    Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos Grace, I don't think I ever photograph in the rain...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos Grace! I never seem to photograph on rainy days...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like a good day to be inside. I cant believe the size of those anchors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love esp the first and last shot, Grace.
    I´ll talk Ingo into a Spring-visit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! But all my shots are "gratuitous" - heh, heh. Someone said I run around doing such things because I'm not well-anchored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know others have said it, and I'm going to say it too!
    Those anchors are huge - but when you think about it they needed to be!

    Lovely photo's.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those anchors are such solid monsters. And so love the grand spread of the tree in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete