Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Fremantle encore et fini..



Bit of an overload of pics today to make up for somehow misplacing Tuesday :) When we arrived in Fremantle it was pleut des chats et des chiens! Couldn't resist a quick snap of the matching brollies ahead, two for the price of one? Below the delivery of the ale to heritage listed iconic Freo landmark the Sail and Anchor..


Bit quiet on the usually bustling Cappuccino Strip below..


Check out that turbulent cloud activity! 


A touch of blue appearing between the clouds. Below the heritage listed Kidogo Arthouse, built in 1884 as a 'dangerous goods' store for the storage of kerosene..


Looking out to sea below P observed something that I couldn't even see.. can you? I've pulled in a little closer second shot.. nope still nothing! Then right in with the longs lens and there it was.. shrouded like a ghost ship in the haze, a HUGE container ship waiting in Gage Roads to come into harbour. Oh to have 20/20 vision :)


It's not for nothing that Fremantle is known as the home of art. Here on Arthur Head Reserve there is an abundance of creativity.. inside and outside the J Shed, once a warehouse for Fremantle Harbour, now home to a mix of marvelous artists including Greg James, whose work you have seen here many times..


I can't be sure.. who can be sure of anything these days :) but I'm almost sure that this cow is not part of the 'Cow Parade' that's in the city this month, this is a cow with an air of individuality.. I like that! Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe... P.s. Huge catch up today!

...

22 comments:

  1. Crazy with the two brollies, Grace. We have a large one for two.
    P´s got very sharp eyes for sure!
    Oh, the cow... reminds me of how they´d sprayed on the pavement The Giants will come.

    Yes. By ship. To go back to Nantes. No walking around, poor Freo-guys! I really felt sad for them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kidogo Arthouse really catches my eye, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great area, but where are all the people?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and I do love the 'pleut des chats et des chiens' It reminds me of the few days we had in Adelaide a few years back. We decided to get wet inside as well as out and the wine route was a joy :-) Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour Grace, je viens de me promener sur ton blog et j'ai découvert des choses vraiment très intéressantes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet town as shown by you, G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice diverse selection of photos Grace. The couple in the first photo have matching umbrellas, how cute is that. The Kidogo Arthouse looks like an interesting place to pop in for a look. I couldn't see the container ship either in the first photo and I looked closely, no luck until your big lens pulled it in. The town looks very quiet on the rainy day.

    Have a WW (wonderful Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun tour,Grace! I saw the ship in your 2nd shot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are surrounded with colours and art! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a fantastic tour around the city. I can't believe P saw that ship without the aid of a telephoto lens. Amazing. Lots of interesting art to be seen too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do have an eye for composition and color. This is a super set of photos and I think I would like Fremantle a lot! The art house and the two changing booths are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. magnifique série ... En français on dit qu'il pleut des cordes :-) J'adore ces photos et la lumière que tu y donnes

    ReplyDelete
  13. All very beautiful Grace. I sure could use a keg of that ale. Holiday weekend approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ship does look very ghostly. Good that you got both lighthouses in shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Broilies? Learned another interesting word today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, it took the final long lens shot to reveal itself to me. Like a ghost ship on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photobox must be empty by now! But I liked to see all the different items you showed. That cow looks very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belas fotografias urbanas e gostei bastante daquela escultura da vaca.
    Um abraço e continuação de boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the matching umbrellas too. I don't think the cow belongs to the ones in the cow parade, but it's certainly a very cute one Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All beautiful photos--but the lighthouse is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am going to go there one day... truly I am!

    ReplyDelete