Tuesday, August 29, 2017

ROA.. brushtail possum.



 Belgium street artist/muralist ROA 'generally paints animals and birds that are native to the area  being painted' quietly but passionately 'repopulating the city-scape with animals as a way to have them re-enter the contemporary landscape that was once theirs.' By painting the brushtail possum here it is reintroduced to its native environment. Spotted on Palmerston Street in North Perth the brushtail possum was a 'percent for art' piece commissioned for the The Bottleyard complex, the mural highlighting the conservation of both the surrounding native animals and of the local bottle making history. It's always a treat to come across a ROA that I haven't seen before, check out more of his incroyable work here. Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe...


28 comments:

  1. What an interesting take! Artists make our world much more interesting and thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful from every perspective. Nice series

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first sight I thought it was a piece of sculpture! Great bit of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very nice and it fits so well with it's surroundings. I also like his idea of repopulating animals into the urban environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing mural and the architectural contest,great pictures ! ew

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very inspirational actually! Climbing to the top and staying strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. My SIL who lives in Sydney had a number of possums in their roof at one stage and had them professionally removed. She has not mentioned them for some tome now. Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...I knew right away that this was by ROA. We have two in town, one is XXX rated and have not posted it and may never!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great mural, Grace. So big and well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the last photo you can see it has been very carefully placed. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mural in the cityscape...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unusual, but nice. Wait until you see mine....

    ReplyDelete
  13. So detailed and unique, such a great artist at the top of his creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This mural is fantastic, I like it. The last photo, I love how it draws you in. What a very talented artist, his work is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like his murals, great find Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this piece of art but I don't think the bottle is actually the possum's natural environment.... or is it? He certainly is extremely handsome and has a very long tail.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful piece of art, great find, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've learned about ROA through your blog. Thank you for another example. The monumentality of his work always amazes me. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    หนังการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete